This accessibility statement applies to https://surreyandsussexcanceralliance.nhs.uk. This website is run by the Surrey and Sussex Cancer Alliance. We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
Update or amend the accessibility settings using this icon:
You’ll find it at the bottom of every page of this site.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible so that it can be understood by all.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some aspects of this website are not fully accessible:
- some PDF documents are present and may not be accessible from screen readers.
- some infographics may not be accessible from screen readers.
Feedback and reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or if you think there is an area where we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com If you require information on different formats for this website such as accessible PDFs, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Surrey and Sussex Cancer Alliance is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some infographics do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We have kept our use of infographics to a minimum.
This statement was prepared in January 2022. The test was carried out by manual testing in conjunction with our web developer, Frank.