We work with our partners, locally and nationally, to source patient information about cancer in a range of languages; information in Easy read for people with learning disabilities; and resources for British Sign Language users.
This is not an exhaustive list and we will continue to add to it. If you have any suggestions for useful patient leaflets for this list, then please email email@example.com.
Macmillan Cancer Support produces a range of information in languages other than English, and offers an interpreter service for its Macmillan Support Line. Resources include: cancer and coronavirus, signs and symptoms of cancer, types of cancer, treatment of cancer, living with cancer and end of life. Languages are available in Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, Urdu, Chinese, Polish, Romanian and Welsh including English - Cancer information in your language - Macmillan Cancer Support.
Using your Bowel Cancer Screening Kit is a range of NHS subtitled videos available on Vimeo. The short animation explains how to use your bowel cancer screening kit. Subtitles are available in English, as well as Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Farsi, Gujarati, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi and Urdu. A British Sign Language version is also available.
- Breast Screening Information in Other Languages/Formats | Bolton NHS FT (boltonft.nhs.uk) – is a range of breast screening leaflets in other languages from Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. Languages include Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian and Urdu. Plus Easy read.
- A Step by Step guide to breast screening is available in the following languages: Bengali, Farsi, French, Greek, Hindi, Polish, Somali, Tamil and Turkish.
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde has a breast cancer screening video in Urdu - NHSGGC - Breast Cancer Screening (Urdu) - YouTube
The British Deaf Association has videos in British Sign language on bowel, pancreatic and prostate cancer - HEALTH & WELLBEING - British Deaf Association (bda.org.uk)
Macmillan Cancer Support has the following videos in British Sign Language:
Cervical Screening – Helping You Decide are translated leaflets available from Public Health England. The leaflets are available to download in the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, English, Gurati, French, Polish, Portugese, Punjabi and Urdu.
- Bowel Screening: easy guide is a leaflet about bowel cancer screening, developed by and for people with learning disabilities available on the government website
- Prostate Cancer UK has an Easy read booklet `My Prostate: what changes should I look out for?’ It uses pictures and easy words to explain how to spot a prostate problem
- Macmillan Cancer Support has a number of Easy read leaflets including:
The Christie NHS Foundation Trust has a number of videos entitled Living With and Beyond Cancer, in Polish or with Polish subtitles:
- Living with and beyond cancer, an introduction
- Living with and beyond cancer, life after transplant
- Living with and beyond cancer, Mind and body
- Living with and beyond cancer, living with mobility issues
- Living with and beyond cancer, male sexuality
- Living with and beyond cancer, living with long term cancer
Ovarian cancer translated materials - Support in other languages | Ovacome – includes Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Urdu, Polish and Arabic
Prostate Cancer UK has put together a list of publications about prostate cancer that have been translated into non-English languages. It includes: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian Russian, Urdu, Welsh, as well as English. Prostate Cancer UK Information in other languages.